Wrestling Raffle Fundraiser
$ Cash Raffle $
Attention all former St. Louis wrestlers, coaches, family, or friends of the program! We will having a wrestling alumni reunion cash raffle and live entertainment on stage by Giles Country. This is a reverse style raffle where the final three tickets will win one third of overall proceeds. Tickets are limited! To reserve a spot or purchase tickets ahead of time contact Kevin Kuhn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any former all-state wrestler is asked to bring a photo (preferably focused wrestling picture) from high school for digital hall of fame.
Where: CSA Hall
When: Saturday Oct. 14, 2017, 7 p.m.
What: One ticket provides a meal and drinks plus the opportunity to win big cash!
Cost: $75 per ticket
I’d like to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year. We are going to make this the best year ever! St. Louis Public Schools is a great place to be whether you are just joining us or returning for yet another year. The days of summer will soon be over and meeting new teachers is just around the corner. Coming back to school creates many emotions for students and parents. Those emotions are normal. Being excited, as well as a little nervous, is to be expected. Do not worry. We will be with you every step of the way. Sydney J. Harris once said, “The purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” It is our job, at SLPS, to teach students to see opportunities in front of them, teach them to become leaders, show them how to “walk with” each other in times of need and struggle, and join them in celebrating times of joy and happiness. We will show our students what an education will provide them. We care for our students and believe in them. We will do as Sydney Harris said. We will turn mirrors into windows so our kids can be the best they can be. To accomplish these things, we will following the path our district started in 2014. We are on a good path, but need to continue to strive at getting better all of the time. As our students change, we too, must change. We will continue to do the following:
- Create solid intervention programs to address literacy skills K-12
- Close the achievement gap
- Improve instruction in every classroom to focus on student learning
The SLPS motto is “Together we Can, Together we Do!” We have had that motto for the past three years and will continue to live by that. “Together we Can, Together we Do!” means we really need to work together. Working together will bring support and pride to everyone. Working together will allow for us to always put kids first. We take pride in our programming, our staff, our students, and our community. We are the St. Louis Sharks! Join me for coffee or conversation anytime. I would love to sit down and talk with you. You can also visit our website to see what’s happening in and around the district!
Check our our Fall 2017 Shark Tales newsletter for important dates, food service and athletic information and the latest news.
Educationally yours, Kristi Teall
St. Louis Bond Promo Video
We are the St. Louis Sharks!
Our motto that St. Louis Public Schools lives by is: “Together we Can, Together we Do!” We have had that motto for the past two years and will continue to live by that. “Together we Can, Together we Do!” means we really need to work together. Working together will bring support and pride to everyone. Working together will allow for us to always put kids first. We take pride in our programming, our staff, our students, and our community.
Mission, Vision, & Beliefs
The St. Louis Public School District exists to prepare literate, career and college ready graduates.
In pursuit of this mission, SLPS will:
- Always place children first
- Provide a safe, caring educational environment
- Involve the community in the educational program
- Integrate technology into the learning process
- Keep the district fiscally sound
Our vision is to ensure that our students can succeed in a global society. In order to do that we will:
- develop an exemplary educational program
- encourage each student to excel
- emphasize the importance of lifelong learning
- be leaders in developing innovative educational techniques and programming
- Teach students to be fluent readers
- Teach students to comprehend what they read
- Ensure students are reading on or above grade level each year
- Ensure students are proficient in number sense, algebraic thinking, and reasoning skills
- Offer supports for students at all levels to meet them where they are at and allow them to
- Teach students to be proficient writers
- Teach students to take a position and provide evidence supporting it
- Teach students to problem solve
- Provide students with technology tools to be successful in the 21st century
- Create a positive and supportive environment allowing for the highest levels of learning
- Teach our students to communicate effectively as skilled thinkers and self-advocates
- Model collaboration
Check out our Shark Pride Archive to see what's been happening throughout the year.
Points of Pride
- Supportive City & Community
- Excellent Leadership Team
- Quality & Caring Teachers
- K-12 Deaf & Hard of Hearing Program
- 1:1 Technology Initiative
- Outstanding Facilities
- Spanish Club
- Spain & Germany Trips
- Music & PE
- Active FFA Program
- Well Known BPA Program
- Strong Athletic Support
- Virtual Learning Program
- Alternative Choice Program
- 4th Grade Mackinaw Island Trip
- 6th Grade Camp
- Band grades 6-12 & Steel Drum Band grades 3-12
The foundation exists solely for the purpose of raising money for the purchase of technology and other educational items for the St. Louis Public Schools. Purchased technology will be used directly by teachers and students and will help the teachers provide the highest quality education. Make a purchase from Amazon.com through the search form at the bottom of the Tech Foundation page and the St. Louis Sharks Technology Foundation will receive up to 20% of your purchase price!
Check out the Sharks Technology Foundation Website - http://www.stlouissharks.org/