Welcome back high school students!
The 2018-2019 school year is about to kick off! The staff at St. Louis High School is energized and ready for students to come back to the building. We are looking forward to providing extensive educational opportunities, as well as extracurricular activities for our students. We encourage every single student to join an athletic team and/or an extracurricular club. This provides students with an opportunity to be a part of a team and build relationships with other young adults.
We have a few important dates that we would like to share with our St. Louis High School families.
- Class schedules will be mailed Thursday, August 16th.
- Mrs. Cahoon, SLHS counselor, will be available on August 22nd and 23rd for schedule changes from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Schedule changes will only be made in order to meet the academic goals of the student.
- On August 22nd and 23rd students will also be able to pick up their books, Chromebook, and will be issued a locker. Students must have their Handbook, Acceptable Use Policy, Chromebook Policy, and Emergency Card completed before we will issue him/her books, Chromebook, and locker. (Forms will be included in the class schedule mailing, or can be picked up in the high school office.)
- Dual Enrollment students should be ready to begin class at Mid-Michigan Community college on August 25th.
- Freshman Orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 28th at 6:00 p.m. in the high school gymnasium.
- St. Louis High School Open House will be held on Tuesday, August 28th beginning at 7:00 p.m. and concluding at 8:00 p.m. Students and families will have the opportunity to tour the school and meet their teachers.
- On the night of the St. Louis High School Open House, August 28th, from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. students will have one more opportunity to make schedule changes, turn in paperwork, pick up books and Chromebook, and be issued a locker
- The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 4thand it will be an early release day. Therefore, school will begin at 8:00 a.m. and dismissal will be at 12:35 p.m.
- We will allow students to drop/add classes up until September 5th.
We are very excited to kick off the 2018-2019 school year and look forward to helping our students meet their academic goals in order to prepare them for college and/or future careers.
Please contact our main office at (989) 681-2500 with any questions and/or concerns.
Principal, SLHS113 E. Saginaw Street | St. Louis, MI 48880Phone: (989) 681-2500 | Fax: (989) 681-4535