Michigan Physical Education Content Standards
A physically educated person:
- demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to learning and performance of physical activities.
- participates regularly in lifelong physical activity.
- achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.